Job Title: Thermal Mechanical Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Term: Contract Long Term
- Analyze and optimize thermal solutions for densely packaged consumer electronic products.
- Validate design modifications for thermal concerns using simulation and measurements of physical prototypes. E
- Establish temperature thresholds for user comfort level and component level reliability.
- Run thermal stress software to evaluate thermal load throughout the system.
- Design and execute tests using statistical tools to validate analytical models, identify risks and assess design margin.
- BS, MS or PhD in ME required and/or 15+ years of relevant experience of thermal design experience in consumer electronics or similar industry.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a must.
- Highly skilled in CFD analysis and thermal analysis tools such as Ansys Icepak.
- Experience implementing thermal design solutions for low cost consumer electronic products in high volume manufacturing including active and passive cooling systems.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product